- Heat a 3 quart soup pot to medium-high heat 3 minutes. When hot, add oil, sauté tomatoes and garlic for 3-5 minutes. Add pinch of salt and pepper, oregano, and basil. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Add stock and cook for 12-15 minutes until all ingredients are soft and well blended.
- Optional: Remove soup from stove top and stir in heavy cream. Blend using a hand or countertop blender. Be very careful to allow soup to cool for 10 minutes before blending.
- Avocado Garnish: Cut Avocado length-wise and twist the two sides in the palm of your handsto separate the two sides. Remove the pit, scoop out avocado with a spoon, and cut into small pieces.
- Add as a garnish on top of the soup. For additional presentation and flavor, add a dollop of sour cream.
back to all recipes